Making Allies – Quick Impact Resources
Allies is one of the 4 pillars of Perfect Madness. It’s about love, networking, family and friendships. Perfect Madness is a frame of mind and, as we escape the confines of conformity and head off to live the life that we choose to live, having allies to support us, to be there with us, to help us along our journey, is fundamentally important.
In January we spent the month focussing on Balance. I wrote a summary post about it here. It proved to be a really popular resource broken down into the physical and the mental aspects. This month we’ve focused on Allies and so I am doing the same again. This post is the summary of what we’ve done this month. If something particularly resonates for you then click on the link to find out more.
The Love Angle
During this month of Allies, Elyse has had a strong focus on Love. She’s done so with the help of Dustin Reichmann and his great book, the 15-Minute Marriage Makeover. You don’t need to be married for these tips and tricks to work for you. In just 15 minutes a day you can really add strength to your relationship – Elyse and I are proof that this stuff works. If there are areas that need work or if you have a strong, solid relationship there is value here for you.
- Communication. Taking a step back and focussing on communication sets the ground for what’s to come.
- Real Romance For Real Busy Couples. The best bit about this, certainly from my point of view as romance doesn’t come naturally to me, is that Elyse, and of course Dustin, show you how to make romance into simple romance. It doesn’t have to take a huge amount of effort to really add value here.
- Deeper Intimacy. It can sound a little awkward but there are some hidden gems here.
- Couples Finances: Breaking Down The Walls and Finding Your Dream. Working out what you want, that dream lifestyle, means you can focus your finances accordingly.
The Remaining Allies
At Perfect Madness, just like in the sub-title of my book, we endeavor to escape the confines of conformity. I’ve approached allies in that respect and written posts that look at things slightly differently from the traditional view point. I hope they spark a few ideas and perhaps help as we look at age old problems from different view points.
- An Unconventional Way To Deepen Your Friendships. This technique is something that I’ve been working on for a while but really started to understand its power when I stumbled across a great post on Medium.
- How To Be Happier and Add Value To Your Friends In Just 5-Minutes A Day. Become happier – add value to your friends – just 5-minutes a day. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. It actually stems from being selfish and is based on a technique from bestselling Author Shawn Achor and his book The Happiness Advantage.
- The Networking Secret. It’s actually all about authenticity. Makes sense really. Read the post to get a bit more.
Now it’s time to take action. If you’ve not clicked on one of the posts already, scroll back up and pick one that resonates particularly with you. There are actions that you can take to add value in your life and they don’t take much time or effort.
Main photo by Marjan Lazarevski.